Monday, August 18, 2008

KU Tour 08: Booth Family Hall of Athletics

Katie and I have finally been able to sit down and map out a whirlwind tour of the KU campus. Albeit, Katie's had more free time than me; she's been a great resource finding out some stops along the city of Lawrence.

I, however, like to say I know a bit more about getting around campus, but in married life, the wife always wins.

Anyway, once in a while here on this blog, we'll update you on our adventures around campus. Tonight's installment is our trip to the Booth Family Hall of Athletics.

Katie and I decided that we would get season football tickets. I was ecstatic considering the beast roaming the sideline. So, we went to the Allen Fieldhouse box office which is conveniently located next to the Hall of Athletics.

It was Katie's first time (my third).

I got a chance last night to live my dream as you can tell by the picture on the left. So, Katie naturally got to have her pic with one of the originals.

The hall has a plethora of memorabilia. If you are ever at KU, it's definitely worth a look. I'm not going to bore you with a history of the hall, but you can look here for more info.

There are plenty of trophy cases on display. The most recent additions are the Orange Bowl trophy and the NCAA basketball championship trophy--a team led by the devil incarnate.

I was very excited to be able to catch an impromptu basketball game. Katie couldn't get me good seats.

Surprisingly, we still don't really know what Rock Chalk means, but it is grounds for a mean photo op.

Katie caught up with some old friends--in particular the answer to one of her dad's high school PE basketball exam questions. The answer is to her right and mine as well.

The story of sport is not complete without Katie. And, it was A-OK with me!

Our last stop was naturally the gift shop. Which made Katie mad and me sick.

It was a great day!

No comments: